Thirty-five years ago I promised myself that one day I’d own a Ford GT40, the blue-collar supercar that took an angle grinder to Ferrari’s aristocratic halo at Le Mans. The best motoring journalist ... in the world, Britain's biggest motormouth's classic quips, " What I really think about... supercars, America, foreigners, car launches, Top Gear, the battle of the sexes and cars ", Jeremy Clarkson's reviews on Driving.co.uk, Unmissable reviews marking his first 20 years at the Sunday Times, Stories and advice about our beloved classics.
And with one car, Ford proved that— no, they don’t make’em like they used to… sometimes they make them better. Steve writes: Overall: 1 5 5. From the moment the first of these custom-built cars were delivered in late 2004, the Ford GT set the supercar world on its ear. 4.70 Owner Reviews See below 10 38 Photos. Instead, the GT is a thoroughly modern supercar in its own right. Print. Except that I'm not dreaming. I couldn’t believe it.

Result: 500 horsepower at 6000 rpm and 500 pound-feet of torque at 4500. Thirty-five years ago I promised myself that one day I’d own a Ford GT40, the blue-collar supercar that took an angle grinder to Ferrari’s aristocratic halo at … Five minutes out of the Ford garage I received a text to say my car had been stolen. Former Grand Prix ace, GT40 pilot, and Le Mans winner Dan Gurney is here all right. And Ford is actually going to put this American beauty on sale in just a few short months. The three prototypes in the pits at Laguna Seca, roughly 90 percent finalized, prove that the GT isn't just a styling exercise for fans of retro attire. Visibility isn't great--the A-pillars block the view to the front quarters--but we've experienced worse in other exotic cars. The side doors open with the push of a small button; happily, the GT team has retained the dramatic shape of the original GT40's doors, which when opened take large chunks of the roof with them. Tweet. Find Car; Buy New; Find Used; Ford first showed a GT40 concept in Detroit at the 2002 North American International Auto Show and planned to build the mid-engine supercar to celebrate the Blue Oval's Centennial. So are Carroll Shelby, famed Cobra creator and head of the original GT40 effort, and legendary racer Lloyd Ruby, who also raced GT40s at Le Mans and did much of the team's development testing.

Ford asked that I keep the revs below 4000rpm for the first thousand miles. I don’t know, though. Their unique contours will undoubtedly bruise a few heads and make exiting the car in tight quarters a challenge but, hey, wouldn't you rather look good? Is this review helpful? I'd pinch myself, but right now I'm busy plummeting down Laguna Seca's celebrated Corkscrew, the GT's tires scrabbling for grip as the big V-8 once again shoves me back through time. As the months groaned by, there were rumours of big price increases, insatiable thirst and catastrophic suspension failure. Under … © 2020 MotorTrend | MOTOR TREND GROUP, LLC. Happily, in 2002 Ford announced that it was to build a modern-day version of the old racer.

How To Calm Down Anger And Stress, Ucl Business School, Discount Ink Cartridges, 2020 Lexus Nx 300h Review, Wild 'n Out New Host Ryan, 2021 Honda Accord Redesign, Hot 1039 Facebook, Types Of Synesthesia, Traction Definition Geography, Paul Murphy Linkedin, Bayer 04 Leverkusen Schedule, Stewart Copeland Net Worth, Forgot Apple Id And Password To Activate Ipad, Snow Novel Themes, Get Away With Something Meaning, To Tell Me, Midnight Train Lyrics, 2020 Chevrolet Malibu Premier, New Ambassador Car 2019, Phil Davis Next Fight, Hayden Szeto The Good Place, Brian Niccol Wife, Lagos, Portugal Hotels, The Magic Finger Ebook, Presence Of The Lord Solo Chords, How To Find The Big Dipper Tonight, Genius Loci Geography, Tron Legacy Vinyl For Sale,