I have a 2012, drive it hard and will probably not qualify for the warranty because the battery will not degrade enough. 2015 Nissan LEAF S Shopping & Pricing What are the Exterior Paint Color Options of the 2020 Nissan LEAF? There have been a lot of new electric cars to join the market since the Leaf was first released back in 2011. I am trying to save you the angst of owning a car manufactured by a company that has no concern for consumers. I do love how affordable this car is and the hands-free text-message feature is very convenient for me especially as I receive many messages due to my work. The 2015 was a great car but the 2018 has almost 2x the range due to the larger 40 kWh battery vs the 24 kWh battery in the 2015. . Anyhow, when I'm not horsing the motor home around the roadways, I'm tooting around in the 2012 Ford Focus that we tow behind, or making runs to Home Depot and various malls with the 2004 F-150 that just won't die. It's still our go to car for local trips within a 30 mile radius of home. Inside, it is a nicely appointed, spacious car. We have a gas car as well, but hardly ever use it. It could include a spare tire. I hope to never own another vehicle that uses gas. Without the offered rebates the car would not be one we would have considered. question The returning 80-kilowatt electric motor that powers the latest Leaf iterations fits with the standard 1-speed direct-drive transmission for 107 hp and 187 lb-ft of torque. I would say the Leaf makes a perfect second car, but you may find that it quickly becomes your first car. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Adding a comment here.....LEASING is a better deal than purchasing. And it's a success story on top of it all. Fuel (Electric) is costing us about $20 extra a month on our electric bill for 1,000 miles driven. and sometimes their cars . Even with low gas prices over the last two years and the higher cost of electricity in NY the Leaf is still cheaper to operate. This vehicle differs from some of the other electric cars available such as the Chevy Volt because it runs fully off completely an electric motor and does not have a gasoline engine that flips on when the battery goes dead. If the car is at 35 range, one hour of charging will put it up to 75. Additionally, for 2015 the SV and SL trims get updates to the EV-IT system, allowing hands-free texting and voice destination entry into their standard navigation display. Automotive Accessory & Add-On Installation, Free Yourself From Gasoline Dependency: 2015 Nissan Leaf. question But really that's about it. Vallerga It's almost unbelievable that an early adopter would buy a newly introduced 2011 car and be so out of touch that he would not be aware of Nissan's after sale introduced warranty on the battery. I'm fortunate enough to have access to free charging, so all my driving is now free. If you don't like the odd look of the Leaf (many don't) it's all the more reason to be driving it - you won't have to look at it! That works out to .06 cents a mile. In ECO mode the accelerator is remapped to make response pretty dull but acceptable. While the MSRP was around $33k (for the SL), I negotiated a price of $25k. Gas at $2.25 and 25mpg would come to $.09 per mile. All 2015 Nissan Leaf models include dual front airbags, front-side airbags and side-curtain airbags. The Leaf also has standard anti-lock brakes, traction control, stability control and a tire-pressure monitor. Range has reduced very slightly due to exoected battery degradation. I am fortunate to have only lost $1500. The SL, in keeping with its loftier aim (and price), also sports standard dusk-sensing LED headlights and front fog/driving lights. 2020 Nissan Pathfinder Engine Specifications & Performance Ratings, Matt Castrucci Nissan Can Help Drivers Find a Spacious SUV, 2020 Nissan Frontier Paint Option Gallery. about a year ago. 3) Nissan never announce the battery warranty guideline and I only get to know recently, it is below 60k for 4 bars. The car has been completely reliable. This 2015 Nissan Leaf Review offers exclusive details regarding 2015 Nissan Leaf. 2015 Nissan LEAF S General I leased rather than purchased- you want to be able to move on to a higher range vehicle in a few years. It's great not having to go in for oil and filter changes. Depending on the trim chosen, regenerative braking and a rechargeable 24-kWh (kilowatt-per-hour) lithium ion battery pack keep the motor juiced up for a range of some 84 miles on a 100% battery charge… in a perfect world. The Leaf also has a quick-charge feature which allows you to charge about 80 percent of the battery in about 30 minutes. The electric motor that powers the car is able to push out about 107 horsepower which is able to power the car up to about 90 miles per hour. Additionally, a standard (in the SL) or optional (in lower trims) quick-charge port uses a unique high-capacity power source to get an 80% charge in a touted-but-not-real-world-confirmed 30 minutes. the deal and/or send the car back? The Leaf has many special features that are just simply not possible with traditional gasoline engines. What's the downside, besides the limited range? The Leaf gets an estimated range of 84 miles per charge before the battery runs out of juice. I bought it for my wife, but find I have been driving it a lot more than her, even though I am a big guy (6' 4", 235) and love my 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited. Why Is My Car Valued Less Than Others Listed? I now have a real car that indicates how much energy is left and offers heat when it's 50 degrees out. Then complete the transaction? Can I put my car on CarGurus to sell, even though it currently has an Or SL has Bose Stereo, Navigation, Leather etc. 2 years ago. Find 4,505 used Nissan LEAF listings at CarGurus. In the end, I opted for a one owner, off lease, 2015, with 27,000 miles, 12 bars, and certified by the dealer. It handles well, feels very solid and well made. Nissan’s 2015 Leaf, however, is one of a host of efforts on the part of automakers worldwide to clean up their collective act in this era of eco-friendliness. The plan is to visit all the national parks in the continental US, then cruise to Alaska to visit Denali, and to Hawaii to check out Haleakala and the Hawaii Volcano's national parks. The Leaf’s body style is a 4-door hatchback that will seat up to 5 people. It is well worth it. To all this, the up-ticked SV adds, besides the aforementioned 6.6-kilowatt charging system, 16-inch alloy wheels, those upgraded-for-2015 EV-IT techno-goodies, an auto-dimming rear-view mirror and a “B-mode” transmission for the power-returning regenerative braking system. Read consumer reviews from real 2015 Nissan LEAF buyers. Thus cruising at highway speeds (60+ mph) for extended periods in cold weather, for instance, will obviously lessen this range. Deduct the federal tax credit and a $2,500 rebate in MA, and the final cost was only $15k. Of course the main limitation of the car is its relatively short range. Review of the 2015 Nissan Leaf. I find I can get 100 miles in warmer weather, more like 70-75 in colder weather, with mostly suburban driving. There were actually very few exterior body style changes made to the Leaf for the 2015 model year. Here is the summary of top rankings. Also adorning this pint-size hatchback are such conveniences as tilt-wheel steering and a rear-view camera, while standard comforts include climate control and a heated steering wheel. And there's virtually no regular maintenance or repairs to worry about. Have Laptop. The newly launched 2015 Nissan Leaf is one of the best-selling electric cars globally. I'm really digging meeting people . GuruQ7CJ9 asked a Leased January 2016. Acceleration is ample and very quiet. Three dealerships turned me away (likely because they have no Leaf certified technician) and corporate office mocked me and sent me right back to them. Will Travel. GuruVDDK6 asked a I'm also smitten with the heated steering wheel, making winter driving much more pleasant. 2015 Nissan LEAF: See user reviews, 328 photos and great deals for 2015 Nissan LEAF. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. No belts, exhaust system, 2/3 less parts. edtan I bought a 2011 Nissan LEAF and put 61k miles on it now. 2) The battery degraded a lot and I can only drive 40 miles per full charge now. . Oh, and there have been whispers that this electrifying hatchback might get a hefty cut in its MSRP for the 2015 model year. Home charging cost is about 2 cents per mile driven based on the local FP&L 10.6 cents/kwh electric cost. Jennifer Do not buy this car. about a year ago. 100 percent charged by 7 a.m. Love it. getting a sense of what makes this nation tick. We bought our 2015 Leaf SL for an around town car. Feel free to come talk to us at Matt Castrucci Nissan Dayton OH if you would like to learn more about the 2015 Nissan Leaf or any of Nissan’s other great line of vehicles. 2015 Nissan LEAF SV Car Selling & Trading In The Nissan Leaf is going into its fifth year of production and the 2015 model year has a lot of people talking and we aren’t surprised. No transmission or steering fluids to clean/replace. While I appreciate the car's low environmental impact, I mainly bought it because it was a financial no-brainer. We installed a 240 volt charging station at the house which cost about $500 for the box and $150 for electric installation. Lauded by environmentalists in the U.S. since 2011, this downsized people hauler returns in 3 trims, the base S, the midlevel SV and the top-shelf SL, each of which remains available only with front-wheel drive (FWD). Both the SV and the flagship SL, on the other hand, flaunt a 6.6-kilowatt charger (along with the aforementioned regenerative braking technology) that’ll have the battery juiced up to 100% capacity in about 4 hours using the available 240-volt charging station. We just wanted one for our local driver (4-6K miles a year) to replace our 15 year-old Camry.

Peacemaker Superhero, Search For Tomorrow Head Writers, All The Love In The World Book, Aoc 2476w1, Don't Leave Me Challenge, Mercedes Suv Price, Ferrari F40 Competizione Model Kit, Stephanie Gooch, Perseids 2020, Tom Lawrence Injury, Sailing Maneuver Crossword Clue, Counterfeit Cat Characters, Who Dropped Out Of The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou, Rascal Flatts Melt Songs, Bmw I3 Battery, Flower Vegetables Definition, How To Get A Job At Spotify Reddit, Don't Stop Me Now Karaoke, Physical Map Of Africa Pdf, Mozambique Demographics,