She wants that ring on her finger so make sure she is the right one for you before … The period detail, from the late fifties to the seventies, is outstanding! That is why a woman wants security before her beauty fades. He gets their own flat, which sees Ingrid and Vic reconcile. After the honeymoon, Vic moves in to his inlaws house, but with Ingrid's father working away for much of the time, Vic finds himself stuck at home in a stifling atmosphere with Ingrid and her domineering mother. I hit the jackpot - but I very nearly didn't. Stan Barstow's 1960 novel A Kind Of Loving had previously been adapted for the big screen in 1962 starring Alan Bates as young Yorkshire draughtsman Vic Brown who enters into a somewhat loveless marriage with June Ritchie's Ingrid after a one night stand sees her falling pregnant. A Kind of Loving is a 10 part series adaptated by Stan Barstow based upon his own trilogy of 'Vic Brown' novels - A Kind Of Loving, The Watchers On The Shore and The Right True End. amazon_color_border="C80109"; Some minor niggles about the series - There are more than a few instances in the series where the story is so telegraphed that one is left in no uncertainty what is about to happen.

Some of these even become 'Acorn Antiquesesque' with the actor left staring into space for an increasingly uncomfortable length of time. Title: 1x1. Vic is offered the managership of the shop where he works on Saturdays and he takes the job. I hit the jackpot - but I very nearly didn't. With the loss of the unborn baby there is little to keep him stuck in the house, and decides he can't continue living with Ingrid in her parents house, and so decides to split up with her.

| 1 of 4 people found this review helpful. google_ad_width = 160; google_ad_height = 15; He returns from Australia and resumes his affair with his boss's wife. It is a mark of how much fondness the series is held in that there has even been an internet petition with over 650 names collected from the last 2 years, demanding it's release. Beauty is temporary and short lived. [UK] By the end of the story, the whole world seems to have changed, the freedom Vic enjoys is thanks in part to his well paid job, his bachelor lifestyle and his past responsibilities that have long since been relegated to mere memories.

This was a fantastic series which captured the era (1957 - 1973) perfectly. His meeting with Ingrid becomes acrimonious and she starts divorce proceedings.

I have watched it loads of times and it always seems fresh. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site?

Check out some of the IMDb editors' favorites movies and shows to round out your Watchlist. Their relationship continues to have its ups and downs. Someone who is honest, yes. The Shows: Cult Kids TV and Cult TV Comedy. Faithful though it may be, but in so carefully adapting novels very much of their time, this series is rather reduced to the status of period soap opera with chess piece characters shunted around in sensible order but so lacking in fire, vigour or revelation that it's largely atrophied.

"A Kind of Loving" (1982) is a favourite movie of mine. He returns from Australia and resumes his affair with his boss's wife.

Schlesinger's film, although necessarily truncated, has much greater tang. Drama. amazon_ad_title="The Cult of TV store in association with amazon.co.uk"; //-->,