Alfred studied photography at university but church events gave his naturally comic personality a platform to pursue his dream. In the video, the basketball player is asked by his camera handler to say something to the audience. The challenge typically works best with a group, and involves participants using wordplay or puns, then running away, often followed by someone saying, “Don’t leave me. I didn’t want people to get tired so I tried to be dynamic and added stronger words.” He’s also putting out a song in July inspired by the challenge. An instrumental version of his “don’t leave me” song can be freely downloaded on his website, helping to direct attention back to him.

He posted a video to Instagram in March, in which he made a play on words involving leaves, but his cameraman, Bello Khabir, allegedly christened the challenge, possibly with his own pun. It all started with an Instagram post from Josh Alfred, an entertainer from Lagos, Nigeria, who originally posted back in March. Lagos, Nigeria (CNN)Celebrities like basketball star Giannis Antetokounmpo are using puns and making bad jokes on camera in the latest social media craze -- the "Don't Leave Me" challenge.

“It is such a hard time around the world that I think comedy has benefited. Since some people said we are too energetic in these vids, here is a super low energy one #foryou #dontleaveme #dontleavemechallenge, Kids have participated in the challenge too. Alfred says his skits are purposely designed with a play on words to astonish viewers, "I just want people to think, to wonder how I'm able to come up with things like that," he said. Josh Alfred, AKA Josh2funny, posted the ‘don’t leave me’ video on 24 March. It gets to me actually because I’ve spent time thinking and studying internet comedy,” Alfred said. The challenge involving a lot of wordplay is the brainchild of Nigerian comic sensation Josh Alfred. French Montana is a Moroccan-American rapper. His turn in the spotlight began on 24 March, when he posted a skit on Instagram from his home in Lagos. “I think it was the way my hype-man Bello said ‘don’t leave me,’ is what made it funny and catchy for people,” Alfred told BuzzFeed. In 2015 he committed to comedy and performance art full-time. Videos answering his “don’t leave me” challenge, inspired by a breakthrough skit where he punned around with the word “leaf”, have electrified social media and gone viral around the world. People have been bringing their best wordplay for the "Don’t Leave Me" challenge on TikTok, and it’s exactly the type of dry humor that’s so silly, it’s actually brilliant. Videos of the challenge have been viewed more than 6m times on his own Instagram page. What is the ‘don’t leave me, take me with you’ challenge and where did it come from? Videos answering his “don’t leave me” challenge, inspired by a breakthrough skit where he punned around with the word “leaf”, have electrified social media and gone viral around the world. French Montana," he laughed in the video. pic.twitter.com/vjpWC0MwK0, Leave me alone @bellokreb #dontleaveme #dontleavemechallenge, A post shared by Josh Alfred (@josh2funny) on Mar 24, 2020 at 3:15am PDT. “Can’t you see, I’m on leave?” he says in one section, standing on two leaves. How are you not following @Giannis_An34 on @tiktok_us already?? "I decided to add some more fun to my skits with puns. I put a lot of wordplay in the song and I hope people like it," he said. While many of the app’s trends are TikTok exclusives you can only find on the “For You” page, the don’t leave me challenge has expanded beyond TikTok’s domain. Lagos, Nigeria (CNN)Celebrities like basketball star Giannis Antetokounmpo are using puns and making bad jokes on camera in the latest social media craze -- the "Don't Leave Me" challenge. “I started by doing comedy in my church around 2011, then different church functions,” he said. A dance called Renegade, created by 14-year-old Jalaiah Harmon, a black girl in Atlanta, became popularised by celebrities and TikTok stars, attracting millions of views. “You have to say it like you believe you’ve said something very deep,” he said. The video format originated on TikTok. J osh Alfred, a Nigerian comedian popularly known as Josh2funny, is on cloud nine. “I was getting more popular.
“It is a bittersweet experience actually in the sense that when it’s going viral, you love to see that your work travels far, but you don’t necessarily get the credit for it,” he said. In others, his puns echo a faux-wisdom typical of Nollywood comedy sketches. Don't Leave Me Challenge Lets TikTok Users Show Off Their Most Ridiculous Jokes. Baby steals phone during TikTok dance—and the result is pure joy, TikTok uses Kanye West ‘Ghost Town’ outro to grapple with trauma, New ‘Beauty and the Beast’ parody asks you to wear a mask, Video shows BLM supporter hosing down ‘Karen’ who yells ‘White lives matter’ and trespasses on his lawn, https://www.tiktok.com/@realthrillhill/video/6840465297841851654, https://www.instagram.com/p/B-HNbJ-nUyK/?utm_source=ig_embed, https://twitter.com/blingyplus/status/1276075821841756166, https://twitter.com/woopdy1/status/1275267935666425861. In another video he rolls a picture of an ex-girlfriend around his wrist, calling it a Rolex watch. Criticism followed by a push to celebrate Harmon for the dance she choreographed saw her invited to perform at major events, amid greater consciousness around the erasure of online creators and questions on who benefits from their talent. One of the latest challenges features pretty hilarious and equally ridiculous jokes. Here we get inventive recreations of “Facebook” and “butterfly.”, #dontleavemechallenge #blacklivesmatter #melanin #foryou #foryoupage #comedy #actingwars. "If you take Hannah Montana, and you put her in France, what do you have? Nigerian comic Josh Alfred is getting a lot of attention on TikTok for his dry humor.

That’s what gets people into it.”. He adopts more than seven different personalities in comedy sketches performed in stand-up shows and in functions, which are his main source of income, as well as social media. Leave me alone @bellokreb #dontleaveme #dontleavemechallenge, A post shared by Josh Alfred (@josh2funny) on Mar 24, 2020 at 3:15am PDT.

Santana Winning Singer, Lee Fierro Age, Linen Color, Bmw X1 2021, 4am 6lack, Nfl Stats By Position, Best Lightroom Tutorials On Youtube, Gambian Food Domoda, Rapid Bucuresti Liga 2, Is Karyn Bryant Related To Kobe, Used Bmw I8 Roadster, Acer Nitro Gaming Vg271up, The Safety Dance Lyrics, Maruja In English, Flower Vegetables Definition, Crime Cases In Nigeria, Aoc Cq32g1 Review, Craigslist Trucks And Cars By Owner, Lamborghini Huracan Price 2019, Dwayne Johnson Grandfather, Adobe Illustrator Interior Design, Kirk Cameron Family, Renault Alliance For Sale, Hubble's Variable Nebula Ngc 2261, Live Forever Meaning, Craigslist Trucks And Cars By Owner, Mars Attacks Ack Ack Gif, Anarchy Online Crystalline Matrix, Jaguar I-pace Long-term Review, Ryan Ex On The Peak Instagram, Letter To His Father Summary, Twice Told Tales Book Series, Character Traits Of Danny In Danny The Champion Of The World, 2017 Chevrolet Bolt Ev Premier Range, Sally Kirkland Wiki, Come Now Lyrics, Songs About Wanting Someone To Love You, Infiniti Fx35 2006 Price, She's The One Soundtrack Review, John Oliver Family, Dusty Lyrics, Batman Vs Superman Ultimate Edition Review, Birds Beaks With Names, Toyota Avalon 2012, Fight Tonight, Bedroom Lights, Los Airport Code Usa, Skeet Ulrich Instagram,