You haven’t only released piano recordings. 318 Productions has filmed over 75 participants, focusing on different aspects of Gould. He made a profound impact on many people around the globe.

I surmised she would open it, and she started [singing florid coloratura passage] or something like that. The following interview was edited down from a two-part, six-hour telephone conversation, Toronto to New York, that took place in late June 1973. But just in terms of observing them as structures, the things that I’ve mentioned were certainly getting into the music, of that there’s no question. But Handel, at least to me, is a very regal figure and needs a certain kind of straightforwardness and uncomplicatedness, essentially, and an almost deliberate lack of sophistication that would not be true of Couperin. For instance, there’s a moment quite near the beginning of the Siegfried Idyll where an F sharp major chord is held for four bars, and over it the violin has the figure [sings]. In fact, their whole approach is based on the way in which the romantic sensibility could be welded onto the baroque, and I think that’s really what made their playing very attractive to that generation.

Not only that, he took it for granted that everybody else would, because you’ve got to remember that he was just out of, and not entirely out of, the period of figured bass. Glenn Gould interview on the Goldberg Variations 1981 part 2 - Duration: 7:59. clubsandwedge 9,664 views. 30, opus 109 — I think I was about 19 — and I used to try out pieces that I hadn’t played before in relatively small Canadian towns, and this one fell into a program that I was giving about 120 miles from Toronto — a university town called Kingston. This will be a valuable contribution to perpetuating the memory of Glenn Gould to his many admirers around the world.”. I had always heard this piece played by people who, when they came to that, looked like horses being led from a burning barn, a kind of look of horror came upon them, and I always wondered whether it was really that bad. Oh yes, and if I could find an equalization system that would get rid of it, which it obviously does not — if it occurred at only one frequency, a frequency that would be dispensable in terms of the piano — I would cue it out in a second; to me it’s not a valuable asset, it’s just an inevitable thing that has always been with me.

This first of its kind website presents new and unseen interview footage on Glenn Gould, the legendary classical pianist. Here is the multi-faceted Gould as German musicologist and avant-garde composer, Dr. Karlheinz Klopweiser, Brando-esque New York pianist and critic Theodore Slutz, and Sir Nigel Twitt-Thornwaite, the “dean of British conductors.”, 1401 – 69 Yonge Street And the other factor involved is the nature of the piano that you use.

For more information on how to access the monthly video releases, scroll down and click the blue sign up button. All content will be web exclusive; only available on this site.

And in my own case my means toward this is to spend most of the time away from the piano, which is very difficult because you really want to hear what it sounds like. The four more or less standard records coming out soon are Hindemith’s Three Sonatas, the fourth Mozart, the Bach French Suites, and — what am I leaving out — Beethoven’s opus 31. And I’m not being flip about that.

Things To Do In Downtown Disney, Avengers Infinity War 2 Release Date, George's Marvellous Medicine Poetry Lesson, Arthur Theme Song Ziggy Marley, Geordie Shore Cast 2020, Nigerian Stories, De L'autre Côté Du Lit English Subtitles, Cellophane Paper, University Of East London Jobs, Algernon Moncrieff Quotes, Types Of Blindness, Flavigny-sur-ozerain Chocolat, Vg259q Blurry, Koenigsegg Gemera 0-100, Windhoek Namibia Airport, Michelle Moran, Bmw I8 Second Hand, Lotus Esprit S4, Aaa Disneyland Tickets, Polar Express Tamilrockers, Necromancy In A Sentence, Mercedes-amg Gt 63, Ricky Wysocki Discs, Romance On The High Seas (dvd), Tata Electric Car Mileage, Earle Hyman Net Worth, China Anderson Mother, Why Are Many Building In The American Southwest Built Of Adobe, Ancient Mali Culture, Who Wrote The Anniversary Song, Mac And Me 123movies, Scrooge At The End Of A Christmas Carol Quotes, Grizzly River Run Death, Wishing Well Meaning Juice Wrld Lyrics, Aladdin And The Wonderful Lamp Original Story, 2006 Hummer H2 For Sale, Alto 800 Vxi, Samsung Crg90 Review, Mystery Train Streaming, Nebulas In Pegasus, Reef Technology Ceo, 2020 Mclaren 720s, Disneyland Hotel Paris Entrance, In The Name Of The King English Subtitles, Restaurant Chains Closing Permanently, Alene Married At First Sight Instagram, When Can Juveniles Be Tried As Adults, Kingpin Villain, Dc Superhero Games, Used Maserati Granturismo Convertible, Jaguar Xj220 For Sale Uk, Novocaine Structure, Blackletter Calligraphy Font, Jessica Grist Net Worth, 2020 Bmw X3 M40i, Lexus Toyota Indonesia, 2018 Lexus Rx 450h Review, Roald Dahl Revolting Rhymes Little Red Riding Hood, A Christmas Carol Exam Questions And Answers, 1946 Studebaker Champion For Sale, Ice Age 2 Characters, Empire Of The Sun New Album,