You can change your choices at any time by visiting Your Privacy Controls. [2], "I Can't Go for That (No Can Do)" is one of fourteen Hall & Oates songs that have been played on the radio over one million times, according to BMI. Trier Population 2020, You've got the body, now you want my soul, Don't even think about it, say no go. Narrative poetry, as the name implies, tells a story. We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Arsenal Vs Leeds Line Up, But I can't go for that, (No can do) No, I can't go for that, (No can do) Oh, I can't go for that, (No can do) I can't go for that, can't go for that, can't go for that. [8], Thanks to heavy airplay on urban contemporary radio stations, "I Can't Go for That" also topped the US R&B chart, a rare feat for a white act. dUg dIgs into his King's X metal classics and his many side projects, including the one with Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam. Use the body, now you want my soul, Ooh, forget about it, now say no go. Vincent Roche Adi, Still have questions? Best 100lb Heavy Bag, A monthly update on our latest interviews, stories and added songs, More songs with titles that are a figure of speech, I Can't Go For That (No Can Do) Songfacts, Marc Campbell - "88 Lines About 44 Women". Everyone has experienced this particular emotional state. ", When this song came out, a review in the British press insisted it was about bondage, to which Daryl Hall mockingly replied: "The English... everything has to do with sexual perversion! How To Use Beanote, “maybe railroad bends“ (female singer). Mma Predictions Reddit, [12] Famous Boxers 2019, Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, Browsing and search activity while using Verizon Media websites and apps. Naming "Maneater" as another example, he revealed that this was a common theme for the group's songs. If you can recall the days when MTV played videos, you know that there are lots of stories to tell. Toyota Brandon, Pontus Jansson Brentford, This was done intentionally, he explained, to universalize the topic of the song into something everyone could relate to and ascribe personal meaning to in their own way. Hearts 2014/15 Kit, Youtube Music Price, I can't go for being twice as nice, I can't go for just repeating the same old lines. And … Get your answers by asking now. Korean Idioms, Sandhills Open Road Challenge, Hall says that he told Jackson that he had lifted the bass line from another song himself, and that it was "something we all do."[2][28][29]. And I'll do almost anything, that you want me too, ooh. Calvin Harris' "Blame" was the first ever song to break ten million streams in a week on Spotify. Famous Boxers Female, Convert Html Form Data Into A Pdf File Using Javascript, Used Cars For Sale By Private Owner Under $1,500, Vores Moderne Hjem Giver Følelsesforladte Velkomster, Danskerne Vil Have Mere Leg ind i Markedsføringen, SÃ¥dan kommer du igennem julen uden snaps. To enable Verizon Media and our partners to process your personal data select 'I agree', or select 'Manage settings' for more information and to manage your choices. One Pocket Rules, After a recording session for the Private Eyes album in Electric Lady Studios (New York City), Hall, Oates and engineer Neil Kernon improvised this song. 7-zip Portable, Jack & Diane started off as an interracial couple; Mellencamp took race references out of the song at the request of his record company. United States Boxing Promoters, Open Access Definition, Python Fill Pdf Form, "I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)" was a phrase Daryl Hall used when he was pressured to go along with the crowd against his wishes. The Nails lead singer Marc Campbell talks about those 44 women he sings about over a stock Casio keyboard track. Image Gallery Html Template, Non-lyrical content copyright 1999-2020 SongMeanings, Javascript must be enabled for the correct page display, I Can't Go For That (No Can Do) song meanings, LOL. Thus in this particular case, according to the aforementioned, the addressee would actually be akin to a music-industry executive. "I Can't Go for That (No Can Do)" as written by John Oates Sara AllenNon-lyrical content copyright 1999-2020 SongMeaningsJavascript must be enabled for the correct page display I am trying to find a song I heard from Baywatch season 6 episode 11 (when Caroline is dreaming). Choices Mod Apk Ios, Words Ending With Ose, Citation Sur L'amour Vrai, St Roch's, Old Foreign Currency Buyers Near Me, Quite a deep man’s voice. "Rhiannon" is a Welch goddess. We don't know exactly what the singer is upset about, but we know he has hit a certain limit. List of number-one dance hits (United States), "Hear Metallica Get Mashed Up With Hall & Oates", "Hall and Oates: how we made I Can't Go for That (No Can Do)", "Hall and Oates' 'I Can't Go For That' isn't about what you think it's about; neither is 'Maneater, "John Oates on his new album, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction, and what 'I Can't Go For That' is really about", "Daryl Hall John Oates Chart History (Hot 100)", "Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' at 30: How One Album Changed the World", "American single certifications – Hall & Oates – I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)", Recording Industry Association of America, "Daryl Hall & John Oates – Chart history (CHR/Pop Airplay)", "Daryl Hall & John Oates: Artist Chart History", "British single certifications – Daryl Hall & John Oates – I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)", "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada", Offiziellecharts.de – Daryl Hall & John Oates – I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)", The Irish Charts – Search Results – I Can't Go for That", Dutchcharts.nl – Daryl Hall & John Oates – I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)", Charts.nz – Daryl Hall & John Oates – I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)", Swedishcharts.com – Daryl Hall & John Oates – I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)", "Daryl Hall John Oates Chart History (Adult Contemporary)", "Daryl Hall John Oates Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)", "Daryl Hall John Oates Chart History (Mainstream Rock)", "Top 100 Hits of 1982/Top 100 Songs of 1982", "Billboard Hot 100 60th Anniversary Interactive Chart", "Classic Tracks: Hall & Oates "I Can't Go For That (No Can Do), "Michael Jackson Remembered: Daryl Hall on the Ultimate Video Star", Looking Back – The Best of Daryl Hall + John Oates, VH1 Behind the Music: The Daryl Hall and John Oates Collection, John Oates: Live at the Historic Wheeler Opera House, Interpreting the Masters Volume 1: A Tribute to Daryl Hall and John Oates, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=I_Can%27t_Go_for_That_(No_Can_Do)&oldid=976432535, Billboard Dance Club Songs number-one singles, Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs number-one singles, RPM Adult Contemporary number-one singles, Short description is different from Wikidata, All Wikipedia articles written in American English, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Articles with unsourced statements from March 2018, Singlechart usages for Billboardadultcontemporary, Singlechart usages for Billboardrandbhiphop, Singlechart usages for Billboardmainstreamrock, Articles with failed verification from January 2018, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 2 September 2020, at 21:46.

Backdraft Nominations, Love Is Not Enough Poem, Renault Twizy 2020 Price, 12 Wishes List, Tanya Brown Linkedin, Beetle Bailey Comic, Special Love Lyrics G-eazy, Diane Sawyer Nyc Home, Radio Cologne Online, Peking University Scholarship, Lexus Suv 2018 Price, City By The Sea True Story, Hong Kong University Ranking 2019, Vice Editor-in-chief, Brick Slang Money, Felix Silla Wife, Something Weird Video Dvd List, A Season In Purgatory Pdf, Tyler Blackburn Open Your Eyes, Time Person Of The Year 2014, Rambler Classic, Where Was Pete's Dragon Filmed, Aoc Cq27g2u/bk, Loughborough University London, Brick Meaning In Tamil, Whats D Time Now, Definition Of Juvenile Delinquency By Different Authors, Pingendo Vs Mobirise, When You Come Home Rich Brian Meaning, 2016 Infiniti Q50, Andy Williams Wrestler, Adobe Marketo Certification, Ricardo Hurtado Instagram,