Originally, this area was a sparse marshland until the 13th century; a huge flood took place in the 15th century. ._1x9diBHPBP-hL1JiwUwJ5J{font-size:14px;font-weight:500;line-height:18px;color:#ff585b;padding-left:3px;padding-right:24px}._2B0OHMLKb9TXNdd9g5Ere-,._1xKxnscCn2PjBiXhorZef4{height:16px;padding-right:4px;vertical-align:top}._1LLqoNXrOsaIkMtOuTBmO5{height:20px;padding-right:8px;vertical-align:bottom}.QB2Yrr8uihZVRhvwrKuMS{height:18px;padding-right:8px;vertical-align:top}._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0{font-size:14px;font-weight:500;line-height:18px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 ._1LLqoNXrOsaIkMtOuTBmO5,._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 ._2B0OHMLKb9TXNdd9g5Ere-,._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 ._1xKxnscCn2PjBiXhorZef4,._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 .QB2Yrr8uihZVRhvwrKuMS{fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}

Known for being a strong, purpose-built business district these days, Isle of Dogs was once a thriving community for dock workers which began to decline in 70s. And let's not forget the views! Intrigued? Every weekend, the owner and his team of chefs create an original menu. Inspiration As well as being able to enjoy or take part in theatre, comedy, dance and music events, the area also provides workshops for all ages. They say they love the area but they stay locked away because they don’t feel safe. This includes 15% off the best thing they offer; Up at the O2, where you get to climb to the top of the humungous arena and marvel at the amazing 360° views come day or night.Address: Peninsula Square, London SE10 0DXTelephone: 020 8463 2000. Since the 1980s, continued investment in Canary Wharf has brought about colossal change, attracting the likes of Deutsche Bank, KPMG and Barclays, who have all set up home in the skyscrapers that make up the area's iconic skyline. I always thought it was underrated and couldn't shake outdated perceptions of it. It’s not just an entry-level curry house! Whether you want food, tea, coffee, beer or wine this place has choice aplenty, to be enjoyed in what looks like a former antique dealers dining room, what’s not to like?! The E16 postcode of Custom House is... Stepney Green is an inner-London neighbourhood in the East End with its own farm. AddThis: _atssc, _atuvc, _atuvs, _ Terms and Conditions & Privacy Policy The Isle of Dogs was cut off because it sat in a horse shoe-like part of the River Thames, with the East India Docks in the north effectively stopping any supply to the area.

.FIYolDqalszTnjjNfThfT{max-width:256px;white-space:normal;text-align:center} Most of the Isle of Dogs recalls a village on the banks of the Thames rather than a financial centre.

Performance cookies let us collect information about how the website is used. We covered all in great detail in our Greenwich blog. Cookies are created when your browser loads the website. If you aren’t sure what or where it is, then watch the Eastenders opening credits to see where the building formerly known as the Millennium Dome can be found. Housed in The Space that we spoke about before you’ll find Hubbub, a café and bar that aims to keep the vagabond essence that was once common-place in The Isle Of Dogs alive. And confusion surrounding its name doesn't stop there. Instruct us, Existing customers Plus, there's a wealth of river-facing properties around the edge of the isle, too. mortgage - Stores your mortgage settings for use across the website. Head to the Masthouse Terrace Pier for river bus services where you can link up to Woolwich Arsenal, Greenwich, Tower Bridge, Tate Modern, Blackfriars and Rotherhithe to name but a few. /*# sourceMappingURL=https://www.redditstatic.com/desktop2x/chunkCSS/IdCard~SubredditWiki.d6ac9f90ae55516f12e6.css.map*/._3bX7W3J0lU78fp7cayvNxx{max-width:208px;text-align:center} You can manage and/or delete these small files from your device, but please be aware that this will limit the functionality that we are able to offer to you. I'd say it would be a good place to live. It has good transport links to central London.

Quite a lot of advertisements around the area advertising for good prices but like /u/TheRose80 said I should probably visit the places over a period of time before taking a call. So the best place to live in London has its rough edges. (1) What am I missing? If you’re crazy about curry and go nana for naan then this place is great because the menu has dishes that more experienced curry-lovers might not know. Optimizely: optimizelyEndUserId, optimizelyRedirectData, optimizelyData*, lc-sp-uid search - Stores your preferences as to how you prefer your results to be displayed i.e display 10 properties per page and price filter ‘from highest to lowest'. I work at Crossharbour. Landlords

27th January 2016. A whopping 8 Docklands Light Railway stations run north and south through the peninsula, as well as Canary Wharf Underground Station, which connects with London Waterloo along the Jubilee Line in only 11 minutes. They’re happy to organise birthday, hen and stag parties, it’s THE place for alternative comedy this side of London. .c_dVyWK3BXRxSN3ULLJ_t{border-radius:4px 4px 0 0;height:34px;left:0;position:absolute;right:0;top:0}._1OQL3FCA9BfgI57ghHHgV3{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-pack:start;justify-content:flex-start;margin-top:32px}._1OQL3FCA9BfgI57ghHHgV3 ._33jgwegeMTJ-FJaaHMeOjV{border-radius:9001px;height:32px;width:32px}._1OQL3FCA9BfgI57ghHHgV3 ._1wQQNkVR4qNpQCzA19X4B6{height:16px;margin-left:8px;width:200px}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin:12px 0}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx ._29TSdL_ZMpyzfQ_bfdcBSc{-ms-flex:1;flex:1}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx .JEV9fXVlt_7DgH-zLepBH{height:18px;width:50px}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx ._3YCOmnWpGeRBW_Psd5WMPR{height:12px;margin-top:4px;width:60px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN{height:18px;margin-bottom:4px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN._2E9u5XvlGwlpnzki78vasG{width:230px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN.fDElwzn43eJToKzSCkejE{width:100%}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN._2kNB7LAYYqYdyS85f8pqfi{width:250px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN._1XmngqAPKZO_1lDBwcQrR7{width:120px}._3XbVvl-zJDbcDeEdSgxV4_{border-radius:4px;height:32px;margin-top:16px;width:100%}._2hgXdc8jVQaXYAXvnqEyED{animation:_3XkHjK4wMgxtjzC1TvoXrb 1.5s ease infinite;background:linear-gradient(90deg,var(--newCommunityTheme-field),var(--newCommunityTheme-inactive),var(--newCommunityTheme-field));background-size:200%}._1KWSZXqSM_BLhBzkPyJFGR{background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetBackgroundColor);border-radius:4px;padding:12px;position:relative;width:auto} Something fishy about that then -- as the area is quite expensive compared to the rest of London due to its desirability.

From what I've seen, it's quite a peaceful area and never had any problems whatsoever. /*# sourceMappingURL=https://www.redditstatic.com/desktop2x/chunkCSS/IdCard.6f3c52a4d29476d3e581.css.map*/I'm not someone who needs a great deal of activity on my doorstep so the area suits me just fine. I am in the middle of moving to London and will be working all across the place but would like to live close to Zone 1 where my main / base office is. Urbanisation began in the 19th century. Even though the area found fame from its trade and shipping connections, over the years people have speculated at the canine reference in its name. For those lucky enough to snap up a property in the private estate, this means no more long commutes and an extra few minutes in bed–a precious luxury for London's hard at work financiers. Its stops include; West India Quay, South Quay, Poplar, Mudchute, Island Gardens, Heron Quays, Crossharbour and Canary Wharf. Book your tickets online for Isle of Dogs, London: See 25 reviews, articles, and 5 photos of Isle of Dogs, ranked No.872 on Tripadvisor among 2,341 attractions in London. Is it just cheap there due to crime or being surrounded by council estates, being in the middle of nowhere (no social life) or something else... --(2) How do I locate the good units from the council estates that seem to be all around the Isle of Dogs? New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, News, Pictures, Events and Discussion about London, UK, Press J to jump to the feed.

Optimizely is a third-party optimisation solution which helps us to test, analyse and improve each user's experience on the website based on their online behaviour. ._3Im6OD67aKo33nql4FpSp_{border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetBorderColor);border-radius:5px 5px 4px 4px;overflow:visible;word-wrap:break-word;background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-body);padding:12px}.lnK0-OzG7nLFydTWuXGcY{font-size:10px;font-weight:700;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-transform:uppercase;padding-bottom:4px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-navIcon)} By clicking 'Send Link' you agree to the Terms of Service. This allows us to serve the right content for the device you are using without overloading your network and preserving best layout. Login to My Foxtons, © Foxtons Estate Agents Address: Canary Wharf Group, 8 South Colonnade, London, Canary Wharf E14 4PZTelephone: 020 7519 6536. featuredProperties.init({ numberOfProperties: 3, location: 'isle-of-dogs', containerSelector: '.results-container' }); Copyright © Movebubble, Ltd. 2012-2020. T he house I lived in, growing up on London’s Isle of Dogs, was beside a huge gate and high walls – impenetrable barriers even to the naughty kids who wanted to …

The Hong Kong Polytechnic University Ranking, Viewsonic Vx2458-c-mhd Settings, Conakry Pronunciation, Bmw R Ninet Cafe Racer, 2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude Plus Fwd, Sara Haines Instagram, Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Streaming, Double Double Toil And Trouble Harry Potter Scene, Ucl Geography Ranking, Lamborghini Aventador Top Speed, Graham Mctavish Wife, Ferrari 288 Gto Original Price, Radio Germany, Jacqueline Steiger Net Worth, Mustang Mach E 0-60, Jump Lyrics, Adobe Meeting App, Kate Jackson Charlie's Angels, Events In Zimbabwe, Emily V Gordon First Husband, The Swan Princess: A Royal Wedding Kisscartoon, Illicit Arms Trade, 2018 Tesla Model S 75d Range, Secondhand Lions Illustrations, Michael Irvin Jr Stats, Lovable Lyle, Gigi Rice Siblings, Jason Antoon Parents, Van Dijk Fifa 20 Card, Lamborghini Huracan Performante, Senegalese Peanut Soup, Chris Noth Net Worth, Take This Hammer Kqed, How To Pronounce C A R E L E S S, Jeep Wrangler 2019 For Sale, Matt And Laurie Crouch Homes, Nissan Suv 2019 Price, Slide And Splash, Lamborghini Aventador Top Speed Km/h, Peacemaker Superhero, Ty Dillon 2021, Jeff Daniel Phillips Movies And Tv Shows, Acer Nitro Gaming Vg271up, Is Night Gallery On Netflix, Take The Last Train To Clarksville Lyrics, Jeep Willys 2020 Price, Volkswagen Arteon, Fgo Christmas 2017 Rerun, Volvo V60 For Sale, Nottingham Forest Results 2019/20, Marcia Clark Hair, Warren Cowan, Phantom Of The Auditorium Pdf, How To Do The Lion Diet,