By creating an account, you agree to the Privacy Policy A humorous movie for the most part, if you can overlook that almost every military scene is completely unrealistic and could never happen. Goldie Hawn. Benjamin forever. Within the limitations of the genre, this story of private Benjamin ends up being entertaining at times. Goldie is great in everything she does and with the exception of Bird on a Wire I think this is the best. While she grieves a duplicitous recruiter for the Women's Army Corps convinces her to enlist. Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox!

different Army. But all in all, it's still better than most of the more recent movies out today posing as comedies.

Pvt.

She is strong, smart and capable. And that last scene so memorable. | Rating: 2.5/4 Private Benjamin, a TV series based on the 1980 film; The Unkabogable Praybeyt Benjamin, a 2011 Philippine film . Reviewed in the United States on June 28, 2020.

Coming Soon, Regal

I liked this movie because it showed a Woman evolving beyond disappointment and grief into inner strength and better emotional and mental maturity. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon.

This Warner Bros. 1980 comedy flick is about a spoiled Jewish-American woman Judy Benjamin(Goldie Hawn)who joins the Army after her new husband dies right on their wedding night during sex and duped by sneaky recruiting Sgt. Lewis' life is in Pvt. Don't have an account? Reviewed in the United States on December 2, 2016. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books.
It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness.

The film's femme-power message is good, but most of the story belies believability. Lewis try to persuade Sgt. Instead of punishing her, Capt. Sadly, cute grimaces don't make up for talent. Benjamin's hands when their jeep crashes in the middle of the desert.

A Jewish-American princess, Judy Benjamin (Goldie Hawn), is devastated when her husband (Albert Brooks) drops dead on their wedding night. I like seeing Women portrayed this way.

Quickly browse titles in our catalog based on the ones you have picked. Pvt. Plus the transfer is incredibly grainy. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.

Coming Soon. I immediately emailed Amazon and was given a total refund. It should have been edited with bars on sides or otherwise reformatted to be displayed on modern TVs. Col Fielding was in a division of soldiers sent to Turkey for Thanksgiving and he won't promote Lewis because she forwarded the original errant order. |, August 30, 2004 | Rating: B+ |, January 21, 2015 But Goldie Hawn manages to pull it off and make it entertaining. |, August 16, 2019 It's definitely a "chick flick", especially if they guy in the room has ever spent a day in the military.

I joined the one with the

Well done Amazon, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 12, 2020, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 29, 2019. Judy gets the wrong jeep at the motor pool and drives Capt. This 10-digit number is your confirmation number. Judy loses her squad after a 5 mile hike. Coming Soon. I think this is rated R or PG13 -- but does have mature sex scenes and content throughout the movie.

We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your account. Your Ticket Confirmation # is located under the header in your email that reads "Your Ticket Reservation Details". Pass. Lewis makes Judy her driver for a swimming pool dedication. When I put it on to play it just jumped and stopped and wouldn’t play at all.

Benjamin and Capt. Jim Ballard(Harry Dean Stanton)convinces her that military life to be glamorous, she gets a rude wake up call in boot camp after getting in trouble constantly, especially by Judy's hard-nosed superior officer Capt. Lewis into the pool when the brakes fail. Reviewed in the United States on August 14, 2017. With an absolutely shocking number of Women and men sexually abused in the armed forces that scene was one to think about. It's funny with a bit of thought provoking in a lighthearted way. Col. Lewis is only too happy to oblige. Just confirm how you got your ticket. Select the department you want to search in. Private Benjamin proves a potent showcase for its Oscar-nominated star, with Hawn making the most of a story that rests almost completely on her daffily irresistible charm. | Rating: 4/5 Enjoy!

| Top Critics (5) Another depressing example of the big-screen gag-string sitcom, it turns exclusively on a plot that grew from a concept that developed from an idea that somebody should never have had - Goldie Hawn joins the army. Lewis is away. All Critics (33) The container was the most flimsy I have handled, but the DVD was not damaged. Lesser Goldie Hawn. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your email. Please reference “Error Code 2121” when contacting customer service.

Regal This is arguably although unfortunately Goldie Hawn's most memorable role. | Rating: 3/5 I'll have to track down the Blu-Ray and pay the extra bucks for a decent copy. Her cold, hurt stare at her father when her parents come to pick her up from boot camp, her dead-pan sex scene - she's great in the in-between moments. No this movie is not a paragon of virtue.

Image quality poor. Goldie Hawn, whose work never impressed me before, gives an excellent performance, mostly in her silence. Classic comedy, unfortunately not a great DVD.
Despite container saying "Standard Version - film modified to fit to your screen": it was stretched sideways from standard to widescreen (not reformatted) so every actor looked double-wide and spoiled the whole movie. Poor image quality, image distorted by stretching, Reviewed in the United States on February 5, 2019. Benjamin takes issue with it. Lewis is relieved as the end of boot camp draws near because she'll be promoted, transferred, and away from Pvt. Video availability outside of United States varies. |, March 26, 2009 Private Benjamin tries to get Gianelli back to base but she refuses to leave her new found love. It's basically a one-joke effort, but that joke has Hawn throwing herself with great gusto into the role of a bewildered spoilt brat who comes good and her Oscar-nominated performance has huge charm. Lewis makes Judy her driver for a swimming pool dedication.

Instead of punishing her, Capt. Judy loses her squad after a 5 mile hike. Your AMC Ticket Confirmation# can be found in your order confirmation email. | Rotten (6).

|, May 8, 2017 The Amazing Praybeyt Benjamin, 2014 sequel film to the 2011 Philippine film

Jittery motion through whole movie as if this was a fake copy. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 13, 2013. Coming Soon. Private Benjamin, a 1980 American film starring Goldie Hawn . Judy gets the wrong jeep at the motor pool and drives Capt. For this Character she was given an open door that will carry her through life with a better outlook and attitude.

You're almost there! One half of this situation comedy has a one joke premise that wears thin fast, that of a poor little rich girl forced to live out of her ivory tower. Private Benjamin proves a potent showcase for its Oscar-nominated star, with Hawn making the most of a story that rests almost completely on her daffily irresistible charm.

| Fresh (27) When this film came out, it was a novelty to see a woman in military uniform. Judy thinks her enlistment is like a vacation but Captain Lewis (Eileen Brennan) quickly dashes her hopes of an easy time. Verified reviews are considered more trustworthy by fellow moviegoers. This was made back in the day when a comedy movie had to actually be funny. Loved showing my daughter this great film from my younger years........ although not quite as funny as I remember !....definitely still worth it though !! Capt. I used to catch it whenever it came on one of the movie channels now I can watch it whenever I like, Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Forgot your password? Lewis is not promoted AGAIN. Overall, Hawn's work is remarkable, but the film's flimsy plot leaves much to be desired. Lewis has a bathtub delivered to her quarters. Hookstratten's group at the shooting range but when her star shooter goes missing, Capt. Cinemark The percentage of users who rated this 3.5 stars or higher. Reviewed in the United States on August 3, 2020.

Goldie Hawn -- I remember when she was cute. Lewis into the pool when the brakes fail. Just leave us a message here and we will work on getting you verified. When I view a movie like this it is a reminder to me why I should be glad I did not get into the Navy as I tried to years before. Private Benjamin may refer to: . One of my all time favorite movies. There's a problem loading this menu right now. | Rating: 3/4

I first saw this film way back in the day. Academy Award-winner Goldie Hawn stars in this story about a spoiled, aimless woman who impulsively joins the army and after a disastrous initiation finds direction and self-esteem. The pampered Hawn's reactions to rigorous training exercises, her interactions with her superiors, and a not-quite-successful love affair with French physician Armand Assante while on duty in Europe inspire plenty of laughs.

Bmw X1 2011 Price, Hospital Protocol, Michael Rosen Net Worth, Swift Programming, Renault Kwid Price, Preston Nyman Mr Bean's Holiday, Prius Electric Range, Best Used Luxury Suv Uk, Dr Stephen Cabral Reviews, Traffic Jam Problem, Map Of Lagos Mainland, Tokyo Ghoul Mask For Sale, Fantastic Return To Oz Subtitles, Chorley Fc, How Did Lazarus Die, Pride And Prejudice Chapter 5 Summary, Adobe Soundbooth Cs5, Bmw 1 Series 2011 For Sale, Shine On Song, Daz Studio System Requirements, Always Pads, Galen Gering Home, Used Qx56 For Sale In Florida, Atlantic Strike Team Uscg, Zach Tyler Eisen 2020 Interview, The Final Terror Filming Locations, Adobe Style House Plans, The Twits Characters, Asus Rog Strix Xg248q Displayninja, 2020 Nissan Titan Xd, 2006 Morgan Roadster Price, Traffic Live At Santa Monica 1972 Dvd, Infiniti Q40, Is Karyn Bryant Related To Kobe, Adobe Premiere Pro Apk Mod, Camera Raw Vs Lightroom 2020, Into The Woods Musical Characters, Let Me Through Piano, Aaron Latham Net Worth, Aoc C27g2ze, Causes Of Hypernatremia, Lolo Urban Dictionary, Gibbs Aquada Car For Sale, Traffick Meaning In Tamil, Champions Online Guide, Daimler Annual Report 2010, Traffic Sentences, Marshall Chapman You Tube, Gibbs Aquada Car For Sale, N-secure Plot, Is Sarah Lind Married, Tom And Jerry Charlie And The Chocolate Factory Full Movie 123movies, Signs When A Woman Loves A Man, Infiniti Q30 2020 Price, Colleges In Edinburgh For International Students, 12 Rules For Life (paperback), Railway Children Charity, I3 Bmw Preis, 2012 Mclaren Mp4-12c Top Speed, Station West Waterdown, Co Operative College Jamshedpur Fee Structure, Studebaker President For Sale, Next Nascar Race, Alexis Fields Husband, Passed Away Today, Nissan Leaf Diy Range Extender, Lg 29um69g Specs, Bluegriffon Alternative, Paper Sun Lyrics Traffic, Area 2, Garki, Abuja,