", Every component was carefully considered. On October 10, on a closed seven-mile stretch of road, Webb piloted a $1.9 million Shelby Supercars (SSC) Tuatara to a world record for fastest production vehicle. And the overarching goal, which we set seven years ago now, was to hit 500 kph [312 mph].". "He wanted a car that's drivable, a car that's reliable, a car that revved really high, and something that had a really unique sound, and it also had to have an amazing amount of power.

After a warm-up, the first recorded run reached 287 mph. Even the electrical setup was deliberately over-engineered.

After studying mechanical engineering at the University of Washington, he helped start a medical instrument company that produced imaging devices used for early detection of breast cancer. "I actually don’t think anyone is crazy enough to attempt it anytime soon. Chris Muzio from Danzio Performance Engineering created a high-tech package that provides sophisticated traction control, integrating into the transmission for sub-100-millisecond shifts in track mode and ensuring they're matched to peak rpm. After a cool down and reset, a second run of 301 mph was recorded, bringing the average to an already record-setting 294 mph.

It was a close call and SSC decided to call it quits after confirming a top speed of 331.15 mph for the run. As I told Jerod, the car wasn't running out of steam yet. His 1750-hp Tuatara smashed that record with a 316-mph two-way average speed. All that go juice will certainly be required when reaching 300 mph, as the air resistance at those speeds require a tremendous amount of power to overcome.

SSC ran its tests according to Guinness World Record specifications, but the results have yet to be officially certified by the organization. "Step one, let's break the current world record, which is 277 mph," Shelby said. "Jerod had a specific set of goals—he wanted to have his cake and eat it," Nelson said. "And if that went well and we felt good about where we were at, the next achievement would be let's try to bump it up and surpass 300 mph, which would be monumental for us.

The crank and cam were custom cut from bars of solid billet steel. "The amount of sensors that we have on that engine is probably four times what I normally put on an engine," Nelson said. All of this power is routed through a seven-speed robotic-controlled hydraulic, paddle-shifted manual transmission, made by Cima in Italy. The centerpiece of the show is the 5.9L twin turbocharged V8 engine cranking out a massive 1,750 PS (1,287 kW) of power.

SSC North America’s Tuatara hypercar hit an average speed of a mind-boggling 316.11 mph during two test runs near Las Vegas on October 10.

SSC has showcased the production spec car at the 2020 Philadelphia Auto Show, the first of only 100 Tuatara hypercars to be built. ", The powerplant they settled on was a ground-up design: a custom, all-alloy, flat-plane-crank 5.9-liter twin-turbo V-8 that puts out 1750 horsepower (with E85) and 1341 lb-ft of torque. And with better conditions, I know we could have gone faster," said Webb after that last run.

", Jerod Shelby (no relation to Carroll) launched SSC in 1998, setting up shop in his hometown of Richland, Washington.

"As far as top speed records, I think we achieved what we wanted to do," he said. © CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Bmw Z4 For Sale Near Me, Meaning Of Seeing A Document In A Dream, People Entertainment, Bmw Hatchback For Sale, Used Infiniti Fx45, Is Terry Kiser Still Alive, Mtv Unplugged At Home, Cisco Locations Near Me, Tom And Jerry Creator Death Year, Natalie Cassidy Marc Humphreys, Gh Season 42 Episode 159 Cast, Birth (2004 Full Movie Watch Online), How To Pronounce Unsinkable, Gta 5 Car Mods Ps4, Best Station Wagons 2018, Ron Goldman Mother, Time To Give Up Quotes, Bmw Coupe 2010 Price, Elizabeth Cote Husband, Whatever You Like Lyrics, Another Time (2018 Cast), Monty 13 Reasons Why Actor, Leander Dendoncker Sofifa, A Christmas Carol Exam Questions And Answers, David Lago Bio, 2021 Honda Accord Redesign, Claudio Ranieri Teams Coached, Peugeot 106 Zest, Take This Hammer Lyrics, Saleen S7 Horsepower, Aoc U3277pwqu Specs, All In Challenge Eli Manning, Epl Login, Perfluorocarbon Breathing Human, Cooking With Glazed Terracotta Pots, Birmingham City Seasons, Twitch Synonym, Fiorentina 2012 Squad, The Yardbirds, ‘having A Rave Up With The Yardbirds’, Had To Cry Today Key, Ivy Dubreuil Birthday, Trauma-informed Teaching In Higher Education, Faith, Hope & Love Movie Plot, Dell Se2419hr, Southampton Medical School, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Price, Of Two Minds Clothing, How To Build An Oven, Duchess Meaning In Bengali, How Much Does The Renault Morphoz Cost, Rayful Edmond 60 Minutes, Begin Again Full Movie Sub Indo, Lotus Esprit Project For Sale Uk, Luke Shaw Twitter, Opel Insignia Electric, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Forever, What Does Brick Mean In Shoes, Nancy Greene Husband, Old Concord At The Blue Line Apartments, Shang-chi Powers, Gmc Hummer H2, Witches Of Eastwick Spell, Msi Optix Ag32c G-sync Compatible, Ashley Benson Sister Wedding, Leonid Meteor Shower, Holy Rollers 456 Supreme, Asus Va24ehe Speakers, Land Of The Giants Podcast Season 1, Doctor Who Names List, Eib Army 2020, Gold Digger Lyrics, Super Ultrawide Monitor G-sync, Lexus Reliability, Navy Web, Empty Space Chords, Ryan Roxie Height, Peking University Scholarship,