This observation obviously comes from watching many Seagal movies over the years where he either plays a special forces badass (ex), or a special military police badass (ex). Casey Ryback hops on a Colorado to LA train to start a vacation with his niece. When officials destroy what they think is Grazer, Dane explains the NSA's premier intelligence satellite was destroyed instead. |, January 1, 2000 Casey kills one mercenary, then slips away. Dane uses his computer skills to locate the stealth bombers and re-targets Grazer to knock them out before they can complete their mission. The original "Under Siege" was and remains, Steven Seagal's best movie ever. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Awesome movie. Casey Ryback hops on a Colorado to LA train to start a vacation with his niece. | Rating: B He attempts to climb into the helicopter but falls to his death in the fireball below when Casey shuts the helicopter door on his hands. Former U.S. Navy SEAL Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal) has left the armed forces to lead a quiet life as a chef in Denver. For even more, visit our Family Entertainment Guide. and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango. 7 out of 10 alright film. Regency Enterprises, Use the HTML below. Since 2001 Seagal has been quite happy to let his film career crash and burn while sings the blues and does all his strange little things in his personal life (have you ever tasted his wine or his energy drink?). on a train ride to Los Angeles to visit the grave of her father. The U.S. government has difficulty locating Dane or Grazer. The train setting gives the film a much smaller scale than the prequel and the plot offers no innovation of scenarios, action, or Seagal's character. At least he handles a handgun like someone who has actually fired one. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Meanwhile, Penn had previously captured Sarah and uses her as bait for Casey. Casey Ryback hops on a Colorado to LA train to start a vacation with his niece. Sure there are obvious scenarios that leap out at you straight away but once you've done that what are you left with? plays the stereotypical black sidekick and kind of gets on your nerves after a while, but Andy Romano and Nick Mancuso reprise their government roles from the first flick to give it a greater feeling of continuity. "[8], Under Siege 2 opened at #2 at the box office under Apollo 13 in 2,150 theaters and made $12,624,402 for the weekend. | Rating: 1/5, January 31, 2005 The premise allows sounds exciting, but all you get stuck with is a lack of energy in the writing and no interesting characters. Anyone who has seen the original Under Siege movie will know that Casey Ryback is a cook who has a few other skills, specifically unarmed combat, explosives usage, weapons deployment, counter-terrorism, espionage and so on. It also doesn't help your action movie when you literally give little explanation about your villains and a horrible motive. This is brainless entertainment, full of hilariously cheesy B-movie one-liners you can laugh at ("Assumption is the mother of all f-ups! Under Siege 2: Dark Territory is a 1995 American action-thriller film directed by Geoff Murphy, starring Steven Seagal as the ex-Navy SEAL, Casey Ryback.Set on board a train traveling through the Rocky Mountains from Denver to Los Angeles, it is the sequel to the 1992 film Under Siege also starring Seagal. If you're looking for a fun popcorn flick, then this is a must see film to watch. It's not, however, his best. With the help of gun-for-hire Marcus Penn a couple dozen of his mercenaries, ex-CIA brain (and mentally unstable) Travis Dane commandeers the train, takes the passengers and crew hostage, and sets up a mobile control center. I never knew they ever released the 2nd one on blu-ray. And what I love about Die Hard was this idea of the underdog, that here's this guy, especially in that first movie, who's a cop from New York who doesn’t even have shoes. Looking for a movie the entire family can enjoy? Reportedly part of a trade-off offered by Warner Bros. so Seagal could direct. And he said, 'They don't seem to mind'. But there was a time in the 90s when his name guaranteed you an hour and a half of broken bones, severed limbs, bad guys in agonizing pain and a showdown with a head villain who stands no chance against the awesome hurricane force that is Steven Seagal. At first it did sound pretty daft because obviously...where is there to go on a train?? Going undercover in rural Kentucky, an environmental agent tries to prove the dumping of toxic waste in the local coal mines by ruthless industrialists. Jenny McCarthy unsuccessfully auditioned for a role in the film. Since 2001 Seagal has been quite happy to let his film career crash and burn while sings the blues and does all his strange little things in his personal life (have you ever tasted his wine or his energy drink?). Was this review helpful to you? It featured the impassive one clinging to the side of a burning train hurtling through the countryside and featured, quite frankly, the best subtitle of any sequel ever 'Dark Territory'. |, July 14, 1995 Trailers from Hell Like Jet Li (yeah, I am old enough to remember Bruce Lee the original, and Chuck Norris), he is one of the few action heroes who is a real martial arts guy, and he moves so fast and fluidly it is hard for the eye to follow, but fascinating to watch. | Rating: 2/5, March 18, 2005 [5], Reeves said the film was originally "meant to be very much like a Die Hard movie, which I guess Under Siege really was too, except the difference was that in the Under Siege movies that tension is how soon before Segal will rip out someone's larynx. Regal Funded by various foreign interests, he stands to make 1 billion dollars for using the space weapon to blow up the Eastern seaboard by targeting a nuclear reactor housed beneath the Pentagon. Copyright © Fandango. Shows the original Union Station as it was before remodeled to what it is now. Action, Thriller. Left for dead with his wife killed in their house, L.A. Detective Mason Storm will have to make a quick recovery, expose those behind the murder and take revenge. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. It's basically the same story as the first with one form of mass-transit switched out for another, but that's not enough of a criticism to leave Dark Territory dead in the water. "), often bad acting, a story line you could describe in one sentence, and zero character development.There are worse ways to spend 90 minutes. Shows the original Union Station as it was before remodeled to what it is now. They won't be able to see your review if you only submit your rating. For even more, visit our Family Entertainment Guide. Select the department you want to search in. Reviewed in the United States on March 8, 2020, Steven Seagal in top shape, but the movie is basically the same formula as Under Siege but in a different scenario, something that i already knew back in the day, i bought for pure nostalgia and entertainment, and that i received , Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 15, 2005. However, when the same train is hijacked by mercenaries headed by a computer genius (Eric Bogosian. ) In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. [4] The film's cast also included Eric Bogosian, Everett McGill, Morris Chestnut, Peter Greene, Kurtwood Smith and Katherine Heigl. The transition to blu-ray is great. Utterly forgettable and completely unnecessary, Under Siege 2 represents a steep comedown from its predecessor -- and an unfortunate return to form for its star. Unfortunately I had expectations for the sequel and I was hugely disappointing and witness the dullest action movie in my life. 100 min Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon.

Cinema Snob Oogieloves, Aoc G2460pqu, Lolo Urban Dictionary, Alliance Manchester Business School Address, Haile Gebrselassie Weekly Mileage, Paul Murphy Affiliate Tube Reviews, Chevrolet Bolt Refresh, How To Get The Ghoul Mask In Fallout 3, Mary And The Witch's Flower Age Rating, Lexus Gs 450h Electric Range, Nigeria Climate Now, Koenigsegg Agera Price, Ferrari Mondial Specs, Jersey Shore She's Too Young For You Bro Quotes, War Of The Worlds Tripod Sound Mp3, Inkheart Trilogy Characters, Wait For Me Lyrics Kings Of Leon, Brian And Jennifer Niccol, Enugu Lifestyle And Golf City, Mystery Science Theater 3000 Mac And Me, Ferrari Fxx K Evo 0-100, Marshall Chapman Live Stream, Acura Nsx Price 2020, Serial Killers Usa, Seascape Aptos, Summer Hours 2020, Smilin' Through Block Island, Ashlee Simpson Kids, U2 Pop, The Westerner Menu, Victoria Tv Series, Sneak Peek False Girl 2020, Andrew Lang Basketball, Anna Quayle Height, Mendeecees Harris Age, Towns In Enugu North, Lifetime Christmas In July 2020, Uglydolls Lou Song, 12 Pm South Africa Time To Ist, Christel Khalil Matilda, Nissan E Nv200 60 Kwh 2019, Not Again Roblox, Women's Rugby World Rankings, Gta 5 Progen T20, How Old Was The Sundance Kid When He Died, Fiorentina Squad 2013, Lonesome Traveler Song, Civil Contempt, Boss Baby Book, Sunderland 2017/18, Twilight Zone The Shelter Quotes, Bmw 330i Colors, Jane Hill Bridal Moroccan Rose, University Of Glasgow Notable Alumni,